We get comfortable in our routines, may it be in our home, work or leisure time. We feel safe when we know what to expect. Panic sets in at the moment things just don’t run as smooth as we expected it. The world around us is changing nearly on a daily basis. What worked today, will highly likely not work in 5 years. While everything around us is in a constant motion, the question we have to ask ourselves: Is our business moving with the times.
To get a good understanding of a business, it needs to be regularly analysed. Each department, each function will be looked into to get a good picture of the current operational status quo. According to the findings, various project plans will be put into action, with the goal to ‘change’ the business and prepare it for growth.
Such an action will affect one or more of the following: processes, systems, organisation structure, jobs roles, etc.
Change typically results as a reaction to specific problems or opportunities the organisation is facing based on internal or external change. There are two distinct but intertwined functions which will allow a smooth process:
Change Management: The process, tools and techniques to manage the people side of change to achieve the required business outcome. Change management incorporates the organisation tools that can be utilised to help individuals make successful personal transitions resulting in the adoption and realisation of change.
Project Management: The application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project activities to meet project requirement. This is achieved through application and integration of the project management processes of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing.
To be competitive and successful in business, change is now the rule, not the exception. Across all industries, disruptive change is the new normal. Wherever we are looking, technology, globalisation, evolving customers behaviours and a host of other factors are creating a highly dynamic business environment in which companies must constantly adapt. Due to that the traditionally applied Change Management methods are outdated. Only 30% of change management initiatives achieve lasting results. That leaves 70% of efforts result in only short term or no positive change.
The time of classic change management is over and exceeded by ‘Change Readiness’, which reflects an organisation’s understanding of, and dedication to, the idea that change is the new rule and not an exception. The fact is that all organisations must constantly change in order to succeed. In an ever-changing world, successful organisations build cultures that embrace and thrive on change.
Is your organisation ‘Change Ready‘? Let Synergy Consulting Australia prepare your organisation to be ‘Change Ready‘ and assist you with all your business growth requirements.
Synergy Consulting Australia provides a large range of business consulting services which includes Legal, Accounting, Marketing, Project Management, Migration services and many more tailored business solutions. This also includes a full market research and feasibility report before investing. www.synergyaustralia.com.au
Synergy Consulting Australia is led by Ilona Solinska. Ilona has over 15 years’ national and international business consulting experience. She has coached hundreds of businesses in the area of Marketing, Finance, Legal, Compliance, Operation, Change & Project Management and is a highly sought-after presenter on a wide variety of business topics.